Family & Consumer Sciences
Family and Consumer Sciences (FACS) classes help students become successful in life after high school. Our classes are focused on life skills that develop the whole person. Have you ever wished you could feel more prepared when you graduate or have you ever thought it would be beneficial to have a class called Adulting 101? Then FACS classes are for you!
We offer the following classes in our department:
- Catering 1
- Catering 2 (FRCC Concurrent Enrollment)
- Child Development
- Education Exploration
- Fashion Design 1 (Design & Merchandising)
- Fashion Design 2 (Sewing Construction)
- Financial Life Management
- Interior Design 1 (Residential)
- Interior Design 2 (Commercial)
- Nutrition and Wellness
- Sociology of Relationships
- Teen Choices
FCCLA stands for Family, Career and Community Leaders of America. This student leadership organization is nationally recognized and all students who take our FACS classes are eligible to participate. We have meetings, do community service, attend conferences, practice our leadership skills, and compete at the state and national level. To learn more about FCCLA, click the links below!