You are here
Library & Tech Center
Vision | Resources | Services | Library Search | Orientation | New Books
The Library and Tech Services department provides curricular and technological materials, resources, and support for staff and students at Fort Collins High School.
The Library Tech Center (LTC) is a dynamic, active center that offers numerous print, video, and electronic resources and a variety of services for students and staff. The LTC contains approximately 15,000 print and video resources. In addition, students and staff have access to several online databases. There are 5 computer stations with B/W printing access. The LTC houses a quiet area for independent studying, a comfortable area designed for reading, a large square table area for collaborative projects, a flexible table area to accommodate different arrangements quickly, a Lambkin Lounge, 4 chess/checker tables, and a virtual reality station for students to use during their free time. The LTC is a food free zone. Only covered beverages are allowed.
The LTC mission is to provide academic and technical support to every Lambkin, every day. We will...
- Help staff and students to access resources--in a variety of formats and levels--that support literacy and the curriculum.
- Provide support to teachers addressing the standards for information literacy.
- Support a building wide culture for reading for pleasure.
- Respond to requests for tech help in a timely, efficient manner.
- Resolve technical issues of district purchased mobile devices.
- Provide a central location for the circulation of print resources, textbooks, eBooks, video/audio resources, and district purchased 1 to 1 mobile devices.
- Promote a friendly, safe environment that is conducive to learning, exploring, creating and collaborating.
- Print Resources - Fiction, Non-Fiction, Reference and Magazines.
- Electronic Resources - online card catalog, online databases, eBooks.
- Print in B&W from any of the 6 computers in the Drop-In area
- Print from your PSD laptop to a Laserjet printer using the supplied USB cable
- Color printing is available at the Academic and Tech Support counter for $.25/page
Research Assistance at the Academic and Tech Support Counter
- We can help you find print and online resources.
- We can help you develop search strategy.
- We can help you evaluate a website.
- We can help you cite resources.
- Loaner textbooks are available for use in the LTC only.
- Students may check-out a course textbook for use outside the LTC at the Academic and Tech Support Counter.
- Hardware/Software Issues
- Password Resets
- B/W Printing Help
- Software Installations
Ed Tech Support
- Assistance with digital tools for the classroom
- Formative Assessment Design & Tools
- Digital Literacy and Civic Literacy
- Hours: 8:30am-4:15pm
- Sign in to receive help with:
- Math Homework
- Test Preparation
- Math Questions
- Graphing Calculators available for checkout