Registration Procedures at Fort Collins High School
New & Transferring Students
How to Register at Fort Collins High School:
Please contact our Registrar, Laura Weaver, at (970) 488-8107 to schedule an appointment for a new student.
The following documentation is needed:
- Current immunization record
- Verification of residence in the FCHS attendance area (lease or utility bill)
- Birth certificate or passport
- Transcript of high school grades from previous school
- Checkout/withdrawal grades from your previous school if you are transferring mid-year
- Copy of photo ID of parent or guardian registering student
- International students need a student VISA, if you are in possession of one
- Students receiving Special Education Services need a copy of their current IEP for proper class placement
- Required forms: Click on this link and scroll down to the middle of the page to find the following forms
- Student Enrollment Form
- Home Language & Student Residency Form
- BOCES Program Eligibility
- Please have these forms filled out prior to your registration appointment
Collins Career Connections are pathways designed to help students and parents plan their courses with the purpose of earning a recognition and/or certificate.
- Advanced Placement
- Biliteracy and Cultural Studies
- Bioscience Career Academy
- Business Marketing
- Computer Software/Technology
- Family and Consumer Science
- Gifted and Talented Honors Academy
- Skilled Trades
- Sports and Physical Education
- This PowerPoint is more detailed with step-by-step registration instructions and troubleshooting.
Students may make schedules changes for the following reasons only:
- Senior graduation requirement
- Off Campus Classes
- Registered for a class which was not offered
- Failed a class
We regret that we are not able to honor special requests for specific teachers and periods
Registration Information for Current Middle School Students
Upcoming Transition Events at FCHS:
- 8th Grade Information Night & Curriculum Fair
- 8th Grade Information Night PowerPoint.pdf
- Fort Collins High school invites you to attend our annual 8th Grade Information Night & Curriculum Fair. Come learn about our curriculum and courses, take a tour of our building and ask questions about our school, programs, clubs, and athletics.
- Thursday, January 11, 2018
- Information Night, 6 to 7 p.m., McNeal Auditorium
- Curriculum Fair, 7 to 8 p.m., Commons (cafeteria)
- 8th Grade Registration Event & Information
- FCHS, 8 a.m. to 12 p.m. (students will be bussed from their middle school to FCHS)
- February 15, 2018, Boltz, Preston & CLP Middle Schools
- February 16, 2018, Kinard, Lesher, & Lincoln Middle Schools
- Liberty Common students are welcome to attend either day
- Liberty and CLP school will need to provide their own transportation
- Registration Q & A Sessions
- February 22, 2018
- FCHS, Room P101, 4 p.m. and 6 p.m.
- 8th Grade Transition Night
- Monday, April 9, 2018
- FCHS Large Gym
- 6 to 7:30 p.m.
- Transition to High School (in English & Spanish).pdf
Summer School Information
- FCHS Summer School Application
- PSD Summer School Application
- will be available after Spring Break
Student Council & Yearbook Applications, 2018 - 2019 School Year
Student Council Applications:
- 8th grade students interested in Student Council use this link to complete your application: STUCO Application
- Current 9th - 11th grade students use this link to complete your application: application not available yet
- Yearbook Staff Application (all grades)
Request of Student Transcripts/Records
FCHS graduates who need transcripts must contact the district records office and submit a signed Request for Student Transcripts/Records form, found on the PSD website here.
Student records may be requested by the parent/legal guardian or eligible student. An 'eligible' student is defined by federal law as a student who has reached the age of 18 or is attending a post-secondary educational institution. Records will not be released to parents of eligible students without the student's signed consent. If the eligible student has been claimed as a dependent on the parent or guardian's federal tax return for the previous year, a Declaration of Dependency Status form must be completed and submitted along with the request and any applicable fees.
Official and unofficial transcripts are the same document. An official transcript has a raised seal and the signature of a school official and is sealed in an envelope for authentication. It should not be opened or copied by the student. Colleges and government agencies generally require an official transcript. Official transcripts cannot be emailed or faxed. An unofficial transcript is a simply a copy of a transcript.
To request transcripts of a student not currently enrolled in Poudre School District, download and complete the Request for Student Transcripts/Records form.
Note: Official transcript requests will not be processed without both the signed request form and the $3.00 fee for each official copy request. We accept cash, checks or money orders made payable to Poudre School District, or you may fill out a request to charge your credit card – see website.
Requests may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, faxed to 970-490-3003, sent via US Mail or presented in person at the district office. Our contact information can be found on the Records and Transcripts main page. To request transcripts of a student currently enrolled in Poudre School District, please contact the current school.
School of Choice Information
If you do not live in the Fort Collins High School attendance area, but would like to attend, you may apply for ‘School of Choice’. First Round Applications are due in January prior to the year you would like to attend. Applications received after January will go on our waitlist and be admitted on a space available basis. Applications must be submitted online on the District website. If accepted, you will be notified and we will set up a registration appointment. For more information, please call our Registrar at 970-488-8107 or go to PSD School of Choice. Return to Top