Where Excellence is Expected

Fort Collins

High School

Where Excellence is Expected

Where Excellence is Expected

Former Locations

 

Franklin HS Franklin Grade School, constructed in 1886, was the original FCHS building.  It was located at the corner of West Mountain Avenue and Howes Street.  FCHS occupied two rooms on the upper floor of this building.
FCHS1906 By 1902 the student body had grown to 122 and voters approved the construction of a new FCHS building in the 400 block of Meldrum Street between Mulberry and Magnolia (now the site of the Lincoln Center).  This building was completed in 1903 with additions built through 1923.
FCHS1925 On May 9, 1924, the cornerstone for another new FCHS building at 1400 Remington Street was laid.  Additions to that building, originally built to accommodate 800 students, continued through 1983.  By 1995, the last year at “the old high school”, the student body had grown to over 1500.
FCHS1995 The cornerstone for the current Fort Collins High School building, at 3400 Lambkin Way, was laid on October 6, 1994.  The class of 1996 was the first to graduate from “the new school.”